Saturday 4 February 2012

Flutterby Butterfly

Chris (sis-in-law) came over yesterday for our weekly crafting get-together and we made 3 projects which I will show you over the next few days.
My favourite was this little butterfly, which was inspired by one that I saw on my SU Mummy Julie's blog

The butterflies are cut using the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (which is exclusive to Stampin Up) and we ran them through the Elegant Bouquet Textured impressions Embossing folder (another SU exclusive).
Basic Pearls were used for the head and thorax and flower stamens were used as antennae.
I am very pleased with the results.

This is my butterfly


(I have entered this in the Cards Galore Butterflies challenge
http://cards--galore.blogspot.com/2012/02/cards-galore-february-challenge.html)

This was Christine's butterfly


Chris has posted on her blog today - the first time for a long time - maybe you could pop along and visit her blog here
and leave an encouraging comment - she's posted 4 cards that she has made recently.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These are just gorgeous and such a clever idea, the embossing is a really nice touch too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thank you for entering the Cards Galore Challenge...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Kate, I keep thinking I must give this style a go :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card Kate - Thank you for taking part in the Cards Galore challenge this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please post directions on how to do it. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love reading them all.